Saturday, February 16, 2013

Normal life or no? That is the question.

It's been a wild ride. I've kept myself busy, bound and determined to stay happy and inspired. I experienced new wardrobe shopping and late night karaoke with Kelly, whom also had the pleasure of driving me to half of my appointments.

I started work full time and ridiculously missed my patients and co workers who welcomed me back with a dozen roses and a breast cancer birthday cake.

On Valentines Day Kelly surprised me with tickets to go see Miranda Lambert, Dierks Bentley and Thomas Rhett. It was an amazing concert, my very first country concert! She slept over then drove me at five thirty in the morning to the hospital the next day.

Friday I started by having my mediport placed. The is a little tube that goes up into your jugular vein in your neck, then down toward your heart. There is a big circle placed right under the skin that needles are inserted to when delivering chemo or drawing blood. It is sewn at the top and will stay there until I am done with treatment. I was given medicine to make me sleep and woke up to go to chemo.

Chemo was three hours. I sat in my heated chair with a ton of blankets. Kelly and I hadn't had much sleep, so I laid around and slept while she watched me. The inserted the needle into my port and I didn't feel it because I was still numb. They have me anti nausea meds, flushes anas two different chemo medicine. I was selected for the trial to have those drugs once every three weeks for six doses.

Now I'm back at home and resting. I'm scared to lose my hair and feel like I'm just sitting around awaiting my fate. I'm thinking about having friends here when it starts to fall out, and have a party while I shave it off drinking a glass of champagne. I feel tired and nauseaouswirth almost no energy. Glad I got all my going out done before this shenanigans started!

2 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your internal strength and bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing! <3 Just thought you may like a reminder !<3

    ReplyDelete